Math Puzzles with Pictures
I’m super excited to finally have time to make these math puzzles with pictures for elementary students! I’ve been wanting to use/make, but I just wasn’t sure how to create them. I finally bought a puzzle maker to use with PPT, and WOO HOO – I’m so glad I did. I’ve been having fun creating images for the puzzles, and then using the puzzle maker to make it come to life!
Here’s how these math puzzles for kids work:
You pick the skill: (this is what I have so far)
- Telling Time
- Place Value
- Addition to 10
- Addition to 20
- Addition and subtraction within 20
- There are 6 puzzles with each resource
- 1 sheet with math problems
- 1 sheet with puzzle all mixed up
- Answer key
How it works:
- Students get two sheets (one with math problems and one with puzzle)
- They cut out the puzzle pieces that are mixed up – and have answers on each puzzle piece
- Then they find the math problem and answer that matches
- Next they glue the answer pieces onto the problem page
- Then once the picture is complete, they color it
- Morning Work
- Early Finishers
- Math Stations/Math Tubs
- Extra Practice
want to create your own math puzzles with pictures for kids?
Here’s what I do:
- Decide on the skill I want to cover
- I use PPT to create these
- Create a grid/table (I did 3×3 for kindergarten and 4×4 for 1st and 2nd)
- Type in your math problems into that table (make sure each has a different answer)
- Duplicate that grid/table
- Drag in cute clipart (I buy on TPT – just make sure the clipartist allows for their items to be used in puzzles). Make sure the clipart is all within the grid
- Then type out your answers onto that grid
- Next – create puzzle pieces using this (BEARWOOD LABS). After you purchase his app, you will get an email showing you how to use it.
Thanks… but I don’t have time to create my own??
Well, I’ve got you covered. I will be adding these for every month! If you follow me on TPT, you can see when I add them and grab them for 1/2 off within the first 24 hours.
Currently (as of June 28th) I only have summer activities. But my plan is to have a set for each month.
Hope these help!
Shanon Juneau – We Are Better Together