Here’s a fun back to school activity for elementary students!
These Fun Back to School Activities will help with these questions: Do your students struggle with remembering students in their class? Do they just point to their friends, and say him or her? Here’s a fun back to school activity for your elementary students to help them remember their classmates, and put a name with a face. There’s also a freebie for another fun activity to help students remember their classmates – see below.
Here’s how it works if you want to create your own:
- Create a template for an I Have who Has game. (All the card needs is the words I Have then the words Who Has?)
- Add a picture of a student in the I have section
- Then add a picture of a student in the Who Has section
- Now go to the second template and copy that 2nd student into the I have section
- Then add another student to the Who Has section
- Continue doing this until you have added all of your kiddos
- On the last card, you will add the image of the first student you used.
How to play this back to school activity for elementary students
- Hand out a card to each student (trying to make sure they don’t have their own picture)
- Start with any student – they will say I have (the name/picture of the person they have)
- Then they will say Who Has (and name the student at the bottom of their card)
- The student who has that name will then say, I have… Who has
- This will continue until all cards have been called
This is a great way for your students to start practicing the names of students in your class. It’s fun, engaging, and the students LOVE seeing their picture along with their friends pictures.
Don’t have time to make your own?
I have this Fun Back to School Activities resource in my store. It comes with a bunch of different options, and you can use as a Google Slideshow or a PPT.
- Circular option with just the picture
- Circular option with the picture and a place to add student names
- Rectangular option with just the picture
- Rectangular option with the picture and a place to add student names
I created these a little bigger than my typical I have Who Has game because of the images. I want the pictures to be bigger so that it’s easier to see, and if you choose – you can add these to a center or you can use for a substitute to know the names of the kiddos.
WANT TO SEE MORE?
Check out my video below. This will show you how to add the images from your google drive and from a folder on your computer.
Looking for other back to school activities for elementary?
This Brown Bear Activity is something we started using back in 2000 – and let me just say – still a favorite. Read about it HERE and then grab the freebie below.