These Composing and Decomposing Numbers Worksheets cover 2-digit addition and 3-digit addition, composing and decomposing tens and hundreds, place value and bundling chips, word problems, and pulling out 100 to solve subtraction problems. These 2nd grade math worksheets can be used to introduce a concept, review, assessment, homework, or center practice.
These worksheets cover:
- Adding 2-digit and 3-digit using the arrow way
- Place value chart and bundling chips
- Word problems
- Adding three numbers (2-digits) finding the ten to help solve
- Pulling out 100 to solve subtraction problems
Main Common Core Math Standards Covered:
- 2.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one- and two-step word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
- 2.NBT.6 Add up to four two-digit numbers using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
- 2.NBT.7 Add and subtract within 1000, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method. Understand that in adding or subtracting three-digit numbers, one adds or subtracts hundreds and hundreds, tens and tens, ones and ones; and sometimes it is necessary to compose or decompose tens or hundreds.
- 2.NBT.8 Mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number 100-900, and mentally subtract 10 or 100 from a given number 100-900.
- 2.NBT.9 Explain why addition and subtraction strategies work, using place value and the properties of operations.
HEAR FROM OTHERS: 📢
These work great! print them as half sheets and I use them for their math journal station.
These are so kids friendly! The are perfect for differentiation, review, and enrichment.
Your work is by far the best out there!!! Every time I see something pop up from you, I get so excited! So thrilled this is now a bundle! Thanks!
We don't use Eureka anymore, but I have found that it brought the best number sense and math understanding. I continue to use the resources incorporated with our new curriculum for that reason. These are great to add to what we are using now in order to incorporate those strategies! Thank you!!
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this product (Composing and Decomposing Numbers Worksheets).
Thank you for visiting my store! I sure appreciate you!
Shanon Juneau ❤️
I’ve created a simple point system for giving back to loyal customers!
- For every $1 (US dollar) you spend, you earn 1 point!
- 20 points can be redeemed for $1 (US dollar) on a future purchase!
- When you leave feedback (review), you get 5 points!
- We Are Better Together Reward Points can be viewed under My Account.
This means that you effectively get 5% back on everything you buy, plus extra points for feedback.
Note: Point award system is subject to change. View full terms here.
No FAQ Found