This Sight Words Fluency Word Work Task Cards Game Unit 2 is a great tool to help your students master first grade high-frequency words. This printable game is fun, and goes along with our weekly units, but can be a stand-alone game as well. Four students can play this game at a time. They will take out the task cards, game board, and spinner. One student grabs a task card, reads the sentence, then picks the word that goes in the blank. Another student checks the answer with the answer document. If the child picked the correct word, they spin and move around the board. The first person to get to their home base, wins.
WORDS COVERED FOR THE WEEK:
- day, did, very, big, away, be, she, do, park, little, funny, down, ate, he, brown, get, I'm, it's, good, where, all, must, please, house, then, like, yellow, are, no, this, oh, land, of, with, now, pretty, say, them, want, they, four, our, ride, children, need, two, under, soon, him, her, came, that, white, too, over, his, an
Here's What's Included:
- Task cards with a sentence and four words to choose from
- Game board
- Answer key
Word Work for Grade 1
My word work activities will give you and your students so many different opportunities to practice sight/ high frequency words. I promise, you won't be disappointed.
FROM THE BLOG:
Are you beating your head against the wall because some of your students just don’t retain the weekly words? I’ve been there! For several years our 1st grade team complained day after day about the 5 or 6 kids in each class who just could not remember our weekly words. We were doing something wrong, but we didn’t know what – truth be told! The majority of our students did ok with them, but if we each had 5 kids who struggled, multiply that by the number of teachers, and we were leaving 30 kids behind. Not acceptable. So we came up with a plan!
HEAR FROM OTHERS: 📢
A great game that makes them think 🙂
My students beg to play this game. It's great for sight word review and practice. Thanks!
Thanks! My kids love these games!
Thank you so much for this!
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this product. Thank you for visiting my store! I sure appreciate you!
Shanon Juneau ❤️
I’ve created a simple point system for giving back to loyal customers!
- For every $1 (US dollar) you spend, you earn 1 point!
- 20 points can be redeemed for $1 (US dollar) on a future purchase!
- When you leave feedback (review), you get 5 points!
- We Are Better Together Reward Points can be viewed under My Account.
This means that you effectively get 5% back on everything you buy, plus extra points for feedback.
Note: Point award system is subject to change. View full terms here.
No FAQ Found