This Word Work Center Activities Unit 5 Week 20 is a great tool to use to help your students master first grade high-frequency words. Each week has a different set of sight words that come with ppt to introduce and practice words, homework sheets, center materials, flashcards, fluency strips, center games, worksheets and assessments. There are so many resources to choose from. Each week, you will first introduce the words with a baseball game and powerpoint. Then students will practice the words throughout the week in centers and for homework. You will also have a different powerpoint to use throughout the day when you have a few extra minutes.
💰SAVE WITH THE MONTHLY BUNDLE💰 | 💰SAVE WITH THE MEGA BUNDLE💰
WORDS COVERED FOR THE WEEK:
were, pull, I'll, where, tell, love, move, five, jump, take, shout
Here's What's Included:
- Whole Group Activities: practice powerpoint, Elkonin baseball powerpoint, student Elkonin sheets
- Home learning sentences and words (RF.1.3) These sheets are for home learning. One sheet has our words for the week and the other has sentences using the words. These go in the student’s binder and they practice at home for their assessment on Friday.
- Word Wall Words Just print on colored card stock to add to your theme.
✔︎ Center Activities:
- Cut up sentence cards (two sets per week) (RF.1.4) These are our cut up sentences that students have to race to put together (they go with our home learning sentences). Students get into groups of two and race the other group to see who can build all the sentences the fastest.
- Flashcards (copy, laminate, cut, and bind) (RF.1.2, RF.1.3) The flashcards have the word and the sentence for the students to practice.
- Fluency strips of each sentence to help students work on fluency.
- Word puzzle sheets Just another way for students to use our words for the week in a fun and engaging way. These are differentiated as well.
- Scrambled word sheets (RF.1.2.c and RF.1.2.d) There are two different types created for differentiation.
- Scrabble tile count sheets With this sheet, students not only unscramble our words, they also have to use math and add up all the tiles.
- Cut, glue, and write sentences (RF.1.1, L.1.2.b) This can be used as an assessment or center work.
- Close activity sheets for assessment (L.1.4.a) There are two different types of assessments. One has word boxes where students have several words to choose from and the other gives the students only two options. (differentiated)
- ABC order sheets This has two options for differentiation. One has ABC order only with the first letter and another has ABC order to the 2nd letter.
- End of week word assessment
Word Work for Grade 1
My word work activities will give you and your students so many different opportunities to practice sight/ high frequency words. I promise, you won't be disappointed.
FROM THE BLOG:
Are you beating your head against the wall because some of your students just don’t retain the weekly words? I’ve been there! For several years our 1st grade team complained day after day about the 5 or 6 kids in each class who just could not remember our weekly words. We were doing something wrong, but we didn’t know what – truth be told! The majority of our students did ok with them, but if we each had 5 kids who struggled, multiply that by the number of teachers, and we were leaving 30 kids behind. Not acceptable. So we came up with a plan!
READ MORE, AND GRAB A FEW FREEBIES!
HEAR FROM OTHERS: 📢
My students and I have come to use this high frequency words unit continuously in our Daily 5 rotation. The sentence fluency strips may seem a no-brainer but with practice, my student's fluency has increased and confidence has been built! Thank you for a great product.
This is so comprehensive! Thanks!
So many options and resources to build on! Great practice especially for small groups or centers.
This is amazing! The amount of activities for one week is very thorough and the differentiation is a bonus.
All products made by her are wonderful. This one is no exception. 🙂
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this product. Thank you for visiting my store! I sure appreciate you!
Shanon Juneau ❤️
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM | FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE
I’ve created a simple point system for giving back to loyal customers!
- For every $1 (US dollar) you spend, you earn 1 point!
- 20 points can be redeemed for $1 (US dollar) on a future purchase!
- When you leave feedback (review), you get 5 points!
- We Are Better Together Reward Points can be viewed under My Account.
This means that you effectively get 5% back on everything you buy, plus extra points for feedback.
Note: Point award system is subject to change. View full terms here.
No FAQ Found
There are no reviews yet.