This Subtraction Task Cards within 10 is a fun way for students to practice these skills. The cards have two different ways for students to figure out the answer. One card has the ten frame, and students can use counters to figure out the answer. The other card has the total amount and students need to "x" out the ones they need to take away.
1ST GRADE COMMON CORE MATH STANDARDS:
- 1.OA.A.1: Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
How do you incorporate math center activities? When I left the classroom a few years back to move to the school board, we were at a point in our district where they didn’t want us doing math centers. They only wanted literacy centers… blah, blah, blah. Well… I’m a rule follower, I REALLY am – but when I don’t believe or I do believe in something, BELIEVE me… I will find a way around the system to make it work for my students. I KNEW that math centers or math groups would help my students, so we incorporated them into our literacy centers. We have since moved back to allowing for math centers or math groups so that students can investigate on their own or within small groups.
HEAR ABOUT THIS RESOURCE FROM OTHERS: 📢
I love the different kinds of practice this resource had available. Subtraction is tricky, but my student did well with this extra practice! Thanks!
I really like these for our subtraction math centers and they are differentiated, so the kids can pick which strategy they like using!
This is a very hard concept for some of our students. These card provide a fun way to practice for our 1st grade students.
Loved this as a center! Easy to implement and a great way for students to practice
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS:
Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this product. Thank you so much for visiting my store! I sure appreciate you!
Shanon Juneau ❤️
WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER!
I’ve created a simple point system for giving back to loyal customers!
- For every $1 (US dollar) you spend, you earn 1 point!
- 20 points can be redeemed for $1 (US dollar) on a future purchase!
- When you leave feedback (review), you get 5 points!
- We Are Better Together Reward Points can be viewed under My Account.
This means that you effectively get 5% back on everything you buy, plus extra points for feedback.
Note: Point award system is subject to change. View full terms here.
No FAQ Found