Products in this Bundle:
This Letter Formation and Letter Sound Recognition Handwriting BUNDLE has been created to give you everything you need to get your kiddos forming letters correctly and identifying letters and sounds. I use this for my first graders as a quick review. It really gives me a reliable snapshot of each of my student's knowledge in phonemic awareness and letter/sound recognition. This product was not created to be used as a center or as independent work. BUT it could be used for home learning for parents to help their students.
► SOUND LETTER RECOGNITION:
- The first sheet of each letter is a skywriting activity for the capital and lower case letter.
- (GUIDED) On the second page of each letter, students have to circle the picture the teacher calls out if it begins with the letter of the day. There is also a place on this page for students to practice writing the letter again.
- (INDEPENDENT) On the third page of each letter, students have to write the capital and lower case letter of the picture the teacher calls out.
- On the fourth page of each letter, students have a coloring page of the letter they can do while waiting for the teacher to check the independent practice page. I've also added a color-by-number page for each letter.
- Homework sheet for each letter of the alphabet as well as weekly assessments.
- Also comes with several assessment sheets that you can do at the end of the week.
- Comes with an Answer Key so that you can call out the words to the students (or your sub or student teacher can as well).
- Comes with a PPT/Google Slideshow that has an animated GIF of the letter being traced.
► letter formation practice:
- This Letter Formation Practice Handwriting Tool is perfect for your kindergarten kiddos and possibly first graders who are struggling with letter formation. You can print these on colored card stock (black and white file) or you can print on white card stock with colored pictures. Students can use these during center activities to trace out the letters following the arrows. You can laminate and students can use dry-erase markers or you can have them use play dough to form the letter and then trace over and over again with their finger.
From the blog:
If you are like me, you might have ASSUMED that your first graders know all of their sounds coming into first. I quickly found that this was NOT the case. The gal I student taught under used sound letter recognition worksheets at the beginning of the year, and so I continued the tradition. UNTIL… I moved out of first for four years, and when I went back – everything was GONE! The teachers that stayed in first stopped using, and threw them ALL away! Whomp Whomp! I was a bit upset when I found out, but I should have kept a copy if they were that important to me. In their defense, the set that we were using was all from the ditto machine. So needless to say, the copies were pretty bad. So I guess I’m glad I had to create a new set! These are a LIFESAVER! Here’s how it works:
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this product. Thank you for visiting my store! I sure appreciate you!
Shanon Juneau ❤️
I’ve created a simple point system for giving back to loyal customers!
- For every $1 (US dollar) you spend, you earn 1 point!
- 20 points can be redeemed for $1 (US dollar) on a future purchase!
- When you leave feedback (review), you get 5 points!
- We Are Better Together Reward Points can be viewed under My Account.
This means that you effectively get 5% back on everything you buy, plus extra points for feedback.
Note: Point award system is subject to change. View full terms here.
No FAQ Found