These Equal Expressions and Word Problems Worksheets are a great addition to your first grade print and go resources. Students will apply skills to become fluent with word problems, missing parts, pull out the ten and equal expressions. These worksheets are great for introducing a concept, review, assessments, homework, or center practice.
💰💰💰💰SAVE 25% with the MEGA bundle!💰💰💰💰
These worksheets cover:
- word problems
- equal expressions
- tens and ones
- adding 2-digit strategies
- building fluency
Main Common Core Math Standards Covered:
- 1.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
- 1.OA.B.4 Understand subtraction as an unknown-addend problem. For example, subtract 10 - 8 by finding the number that makes 10 when added to 8.
- 1.OA.C.6 Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10. Use strategies such as counting on; making ten (e.g., 8 + 6 = 8 + 2 + 4 = 10 + 4 = 14); decomposing a number leading to a ten (e.g., 13 - 4 = 13 - 3 - 1 = 10 - 1 = 9); using the relationship between addition and subtraction (e.g., knowing that 8 + 4 = 12, one knows 12 - 8 = 4); and creating equivalent but easier or known sums (e.g., adding 6 + 7 by creating the known equivalent 6 + 6 + 1 = 12 + 1 = 13).
- 1.NBT.2.A 10 can be thought of as a bundle of ten ones — called a "ten."
- 1.NBT.2.B The numbers from 11 to 19 are composed of a ten and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
Want to learn more?
Even though I love our curriculum, I did find that the worksheets weren’t enough. These student friendly worksheets go with each lesson giving my students more practice. These can be used as:
Extra math assessments
Parent requests for more work
HEAR FROM OTHERS: 📢
My Math Worksheets are my number ONE sellers in my store. I have them broken up by standard or by unit.
I have purchased most of your math resources for 1st grade math. They are great to have to go along with ZEARN. Thank you for sharing!
I love this product. I like how the kids can do these independently due to the simplicity.
Great practice for this important 1st grade skill. The kids did really well after practicing with these worksheets!
I am a traditional homeschool mom. I use these worksheets as "morning work" before we start our actual math lesson for the day. These are short and to-the-point worksheets, but I can quickly see if my boys (kinder and first) are understanding the objective. They are also great documentation for a portfolio because they are arranged by Common Core standards, thus making it easy to show mastery of each standard.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this product.
Thank you for visiting my store!
I sure appreciate you!
Shanon Juneau ❤️
I’ve created a simple point system for giving back to loyal customers!
- For every $1 (US dollar) you spend, you earn 1 point!
- 20 points can be redeemed for $1 (US dollar) on a future purchase!
- When you leave feedback (review), you get 5 points!
- We Are Better Together Reward Points can be viewed under My Account.
This means that you effectively get 5% back on everything you buy, plus extra points for feedback.
Note: Point award system is subject to change. View full terms here.
No FAQ Found